The 7th International Symposium on Live Subtitling and Accessibility has met the reality of COVID 19 and will be organised online on 5 and 6 November 2020
Since research on live subtitling started, this field of study has always been characterised by an evolving scenario, with contributions from many fields: Translation Studies, Interpreting Studies, Media Accessibility, Cognitive Science, Engineering, Sociology, etc.
This has allowed live subtitling to increasingly become the object of conferences, academic and vocational courses, research studies, scientific publications, international projects. The interest of the professional community has also had an impact on research, and the number of joint academic/professional research projects is at all-time high with ILSA, LTA and SMART in Europe.
The symposium is an important meeting point for professionals, users, trainers, and researchers. It is expected to serve as a platform to exchange their views about the most diverse fields of interest. For this reason, the scientific committee welcomes members of the professional and academic world to send proposals about the following topics, but not limited to them:
- quality of real-time subtitles;
- comparison of different live subtitling techniques;
- automatic and semi-automatic live subtitling;
- interlingual live subtitling;
- live and multimedia reporting;
- the didactics of live subtitling;
- new technological developments;
- live editing
- in cinema, TV, theatres, opera, sports, etc.
- other accessibility services